Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gone But Not Forgotten

We were definitely feeling the loss of Rachel this weekend. There was an emptiness that persisted through the day. We spent some time at the cemetery. Who wants to spend their holidays at a cemetery? But I can understand now why people do this because you miss them so much, it feels like its the only place you can go to see them. I think of all the kids, Callie is starting to put some pieces together about Rachel. Every time we drive by the cemetery she yells and points to Rachel and says she is "Up up up".
Amy is very particular about Rachel's flower arrangements. For Easter, the kids helped to make this egg tree. It looked a little rough but we know Rachel would have loved it.






I know it is disrespectful for the kids to run around yelling and squealing in a cemetery but I could just hear Rachel laughing with them and I am certain she was enjoying it.
And my favorite pictures from Easter last year were these. I smile when I see her pictures and I'm crying in the next second. We really miss her.

1 comment:

The Petrie's said...

Anna I don't see anything at all wrong with the kids running and playing by Rachels area. I think it is good for them to know you can be happy and remember all the fun times.