Monday, May 31, 2010

It's Not Funny Cade

After playing at the beach all morning like a wild man, Cade woke up from his nap with a pretty high fever. I took him to the walk-in clinic and, 2 hours later, he was diagnosed with Strep throat. Of course I felt like the worst mom dragging him to the beach and ignoring his subtle signs that he gives me when he is sick. Until, I was checking out, writing a $234 check, he grabs my leg and I look down and he hands me his popped feeding tube that he had broken in the split second I wasn't watching him. I'm not going to lie, I wanted to punch him. But I remained calm and tried to figure out where we could find a children's hospital and fit an ER visit in our trip. I quickly decided he would have to suffer with a broken tube (he did it ya'll!) and we would get a new one when we got home. And you know he didn't mind at all... he's Cade!

No comments: