Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cade's Big Fall

I think Cade must love medical drama. We went to visit Shane at the golf course in Floresville as he was finishing a golf tournament. There is a restaurant there and we were done eating and just sitting around drinking and visiting. The kids were running around on an elevated putting green. We were about to leave and Cade decided to run away from Banks. It was dark by this time and he ran right off of a four foot wall onto a concrete cart path. We all saw him running toward the wall and not slowing down and we knew he was going to run over it but no one was close enough to grab him. It was an awful thing to see. He was stunned when Shane's friend (who dove off the wall in an effort to catch him) picked him up. His eyes were rolled back in his head and his face was covered in blood. I wiped it away and saw the gash was above his eye. We decided we didn't want to wait for an ambulance and we went straight to the ER. In the car he finally seemed a little more with it and said "momma." He got a CT scan right away and everything looked OK. They sedated him and stitched him up. They had to stitch the muscle first and then the skin. Watching them clean the wound made this prego momma almost pass out. And I'm a nurse! I can't believe what this poor kid can handle. When I think about how bad this could have been, I can't help but count my blessings and be thankful for wounds that heal. My Dad has requested that we never take him to the Grand Canyon.





No comments: