Friday, April 19, 2013

Team Rachel

Since Rachel's passing, it has been hard for our family to participate in Relay For Life. Don't get me wrong, I still hope and pray for a cure for cancer. Relay is an extrordinary program/fundraiser that gives such a hopeful message. This year the theme was "celebrate more birthdays." Just hearing that is hard because we know our sweet niece only had three. It is always emotional for us, even when she was alive. My mom however has continued to raise money and lead Team Rachel every year with the help of the youth at church. This year Comal County awarded our family (mainly my mom) the Ray Of Hope award for staying actively involved in Relay after you have lost your "survivor." I guess it's common for people to shy away from relay after they lose their loved one because it is simply too hard. At least it has been for me. We are so proud of her and she is such an example of strength for our family.
Receiving the award


I wish Rachel could play with her crazy cousins














No comments: