Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Callie!

My baby girl is now three. My Aunt Jenny is a scrap booking queen. She has scrapbooks of her daughters birthdays and she always takes a picture of them on their birthday minute. Callie was born at 11:09pm so she was fast asleep the moment she became exactly three years old...
Reflecting back on the last year of Callie's life, I am most thankful for her health. But something that is such a breath of fresh air and provides endless entertainment for me and our family is her increasing vocabulary. It is amazing to me that she just picks all of these things up without hours of therapy. I am constantly laughing at words she picks up and things she repeats. I decided this year, for her birthday, I would interview her. She clams up in front of a movie camera and thinks she needs to film so...
What is your name?- Miss Akin
Who is your brother?- Cade
What is Cade's name at school?- Shuga
Why can't Cade talk?- Cade can talk (looking at Cade) Cade say Mamamama
Who is your best friend at school?- Bailee and Zya
Who is your boyfriend? Uncle TyTy
No I'm pretty sure he's your uncle. Oh
What is your favorite TV show? Dudadudadu Dora
What is your favorite book? Moo Moo Pop (Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?)
What are you most scared of? Scorpions in my bed (that happened in my bed and I maybe freaked out a little bit and scared her for life...)
Where is your favorite place to eat? Sylvias and Adobe
So Mexican food is your favorite? No it's Tacos and noodles
When is it your birthday? Tuesday and Wednesday
Where do you want to work? At the hospital with the babies
I love how she tries to keep everyone in line. She is always correcting everyone when she is sure they have said something mean or a naughty word with a stern "you no say that!" She remembers everything and navigates from the backseat daily. She could give tours of New Braunfels and tell a story about every place. She is such a funny little thing. I am trying to enjoy every positive thing about every age (I will not go into her temper, her selective hearing, and her stubborn nature that tries me daily) and right now my favorite thing is teaching her. She is so curious and always asking "What is that" and I give her elaborate answers and she retains most of it. She's very smart and very nurturing, especially to babies and special needs children. Oh I could brag for hours but you get the point. I love her and I can't wait to see what being three is all about!

1 comment:

Texas Mom said...

How sweet! Bailee LOVES Callie too! The other night she told me that Cade was her boyfriend.... so precious! Hopefully one day us parents can meet!