Monday, February 23, 2009

Dental Check Up

Cade went to the dentist today. As a parent, it kinda feels like a test to see how good you are taking care of your child, so I was nervous. Now Cade has several strikes against him. Because of his chromosome deletion, he is predisposed to dental carries. I am sure you can tell from his cute smile that his teeth are also a little different. They are more jagged with deep crevices and he has talons on two teeth and a microdontic tooth (I learned a lot today!). He also doesn't clear food out of his mouth well so it sits on his teeth. I wrestle him every night and have never felt satisfied with the brushing he gets. Well, long story short, he has NO cavities. His white fang is also still firmly in place. He was pretty good through his cleaning, didn't bite the hygenist. I tried to keep him laughing so he would keep his mouth open. The dentist was praising me for his good check up, I must me doing something right!

No comments: