Friday, March 11, 2011

One Talented Grandpa

I have been shopping for picnic tables for awhile and I found them all to be too expensive. My parents don't have enough seating out on the deck when we are all together. I remembered my brother Travis built a picnic table in middle school shop class. How hard could it be? I googled some simple little plans and presented them to Rog. He used to build houses, surely he could build a picnic table. He dislikes doing these little "trinkety" things but I talked him into it, on his birthday no less. He eventually got pretty excited about the idea. He got the wood from these palates he already had and spent next to nothing building a table in about 2 hours. Cade has to be the little helper...


And don't all these cute little faces make it look adorable? They LOVE their table and Amy, Robyn and I have informed him we will need 3 more.


And all on his own, in his crappy handwriting, he designated a spot for each kid. He even included the little girl that will never get to sit at her Grandpa's table.


My kids are very blessed in the Grandparent department!

No comments: