Saturday, October 30, 2010

Rachel's Birthday

October 9th will probably always be a rough day for us. As her birthday got closer, I noticed how much more I was missing her and dreading that Saturday. But we planned a full day. We knew we needed to be busy. We decided to do some of Rachel's favorite things much like we would have done if she was here to celebrate with us. It was an awesome day with minimal tears and many happy memories of Rachel. I still remember Amy calling the day she was born and seeing the first pictures of her. I had never seen a baby with such long hands and feet! I miss my beautiful niece so much and I love looking at pictures of her. This is one of my favorite pics from last year as she proudly displayed that she was now 3.
We started the day at the cemetery and sent balloons to heaven so Rachel would get presents from us.


The girls were pretty excited. We knew they would have no trouble letting go of the balloons because that is what they always do.

And I don't think it's a coincidence that there was a little pink spot in this picture...

No comments: