Sunday, August 15, 2010

Surgery Number... Oh I Don't Know

Cade's ENT felt that now would be a good time to begin closing Cade's tracheostomy hole in his neck. The first in the series of two surgeries is to removed the skin tract on the inside. It seriously annoys me that this particular doctor doesn't operate on kids until the afternoon. Cade does not understand NPO nor it's importance. All he knows is that he's hungry. Of course I dressed him in another inspirational shirt...
Waiting, waiting, more waiting...
He is such a trooper, he makes all of this so easy on us!



Post "happy" medicine
My mom brought Callie up to see him after the surgery. She was so concerned! She knew Cade was going to be in the hospital. She thinks you need to go to the hospital for every scrape and "owie".
She kept telling him "It's O-Tay Tade" and giving him kisses.
My friend Cassie bought Cade this sock monkey after his last surgery and Blaine and Meg brought him this cute little dinosaur this time. Cade is into cuddly things so of course he loves them. Well not at this moment but I had to get a pic for the thank yous.
And best part of all... Daddy stayed the night this time!
Thanks to everyone who came and visited Cade and sat and waited with us all day. I know it gets old but it is very much appreciated!

No comments: