Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thank God For Sisters

When Shane and I found out we were going to have Callie, we were so unprepared. We had so much on our plate with Cade and we couldn't imagine how we would fit another little one in our lives. I believe this is why you have nine months to figure all this out because by the time she showed us her little face, we were so ready for her. But little did we know that God had planned for her to be such an amazing sister to Cade and he knew she was just what we needed. I love watching her face light up when she sees him and vise versa. She can't get enough hugs and kisses from him. She is the first one to scold him when he does wrong and she does her best to keep him out of trouble. We catch her putting him in time out quite often. She helps the therapist get Cade to complete his tasks at therapy. She feeds him part of her snack, helps give him his water in his tube, she washes him in the bath tub, and she always reports the second he pulls out his feeding tube and brings it to us immediately. She is always looking out for him and it just warms my heart and makes me thank God everyday that Cade has Callie and Callie has Cade."Tade tirsty mama."
And on that note, I also thank God everyday for my sister and for my TWO wonderful sister-in-laws. I don't know how we would have made it through all we have without each others support. I love ya'll!

No comments: