Sunday, November 15, 2009

Stitches and More Stitches

How many times are we going to have to stitch this boy up! I wish I could tell you how many times we have been to the ER but I don't feel like adding up that depressing number. Cade fell from his booster chair and hit his lip on the table. And being Cade, he never cried.We tried to expose ourselves to as few germs as possible- pretty impossible in an ER this time of year...
We were bored waiting for 2 hours...
stickers for stitches
We opted to go for the quick and painful option as opposed to sedation. Cade didn't handle the sedation well last time and had lots of trouble clearing secretions after the procedure. Because he has such a high pain tolerance, four of us held him down while the ER doc put in three stitches. He cried but I think it was mainly because we were holding him down and he was scared- At least that is what I am telling myself.
All stitched up!
Good God, check out that grill...
All done after a long night!
But he is still my little Superman! No one could go through what he has and still have such an awesome disposition. I love him and he is worth every minute of waiting in a germy ER!

2 comments:

Jeremy, Sarah, and Brayden said...

With that smile I think I'd even sit with him!! Every picture of him he always is so happy! I think I'll trade you guys Brayden...He has been so grouchy ever since his birthday! Glad to see Cade is feeling better.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

one tuff little boy!! :)