Thursday, October 23, 2008

Another Surgery...

Just ear tubes this time, his second set. He of course did wonderfully. The fluid Dr. Moe removed from his ears was as thick as glue so he has not been hearing very well for awhile. They tested his hearing afterward and he had a mild deficit but they said it could take a couple of weeks for the gunk to clear out and they weren't concerned with his hearing at this time. His face is a little banged up, he had the biggest fat lip last weekend. He is a klutz with those braces on and it looks like we beat him. Once again I felt I had to explain all of his injuries, the doctors just laugh at me.
These two were a little too much for just me to handle. Callie started the day by throwing up all over herself. She wore a jacket and a diaper most of the day till Amy brought this summer outfit. She was hitting all the kids in the waiting room (she may look sweet, don't be fooled) and Cade was kissing them to smooth it over. Rachel was upstairs in the cancer clinic so Amy and I got to eat lunch together and her in-laws came and took Callie off my hands. In the meantime, I caged her up with Cade.



The anesthesiologist wanted me to go into the OR with them to help calm Cade and put the little animal to sleep. I guess he looked like trouble. So I held the gas mask to his face and watched his eyes roll back in his head. Very wierd... even for a nurse like me. Cade recovered quickly and was running out of the hospital after the surgery.

No comments: